Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
As a Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), SEDA-COG is a PennDOT planning partner, helping to develop a regional TIP and, like PennDOT, serving as a resource for transportation funding, grant management, and best practices on behalf of its member counties: Clinton, Columbia, Juniata, Mifflin, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder, and Union. The TIP is the regionally agreed-upon list of priority projects, which consists of the first four years of PennDOT’s Twelve Year Program. The TIP contains multi-modal projects, including traditional highway/bridge and transit projects, along with bicycle/pedestrian, aviation, and freight-related improvements. The official TIP is updated every two years in Pennsylvania, but it serves as a living document that is constantly being revised and amended.
Draft 2021-2024 TIP Now Available
The SEDA-COG MPO announces that the region’s Draft TIP for Federal Fiscal Years 2021-2024 is available below for public review. The public comment period for the Draft FFY 2021-2024 TIP begins May 1, 2020. The public is encouraged to review the below TIP documents and offer any pertinent written comments up until 4:00 p.m. on May 31, 2020.
Written comments may be submitted via email, SEDA-COG web portal, fax or Postal Service.
– Email comments may be submitted to email@example.com
– Web portal may be accessed HERE
– Comments may be faxed to (570) 524-9190
– Address mailed comments to:
James Saylor, Transportation Planning Director
201 Furnace Road
Lewisburg, PA 17837
The SEDA-COG MPO will also convene a public meeting to review the Draft FFY 2021-2024 TIP, receive public input, and address questions or concerns about the Draft TIP. The public meeting will be held May 13, 2020 beginning at 6:00 p.m. This will be a virtual meeting that can be joined via teleconference or videoconference.
Teleconference: (267) 332-8737; Conference ID: 747467733
Draft 2021-2024 TIP Documents
- TIP Acronyms
- 2021 TIP At a Glance Summary
- 2021 TIP Highway/Bridge Project List
- 2021 TIP Highway/Bridge Project Narratives
- 2021 TYP Highway/Bridge Project List
- 2021 TIP Public Transit Project List
- 2021 TIP Public Transit Project Narratives
- 2021 TIP Development Timeline
- 2021 TIP Project Selection Process
- 2021 TIP Financial Constraint Table
- 2021 TIP Revisions Procedures
- Performance Measures Documentation
- Environmental Justice Core Elements Analysis
- Title VI Policy Statement
- 2021 TIP Public Participation Procedures Memo
- Regional Public Participation Plan
- 2021 Interstate TIP Summary
- 2021 Statewide TIP Summary
- PA 2021 Transportation Program General & Procedural Guidance
- PA 2021 Transportation Program Financial Guidance
To view SEDA-COG’s 2021 TIP projects webmap, click HERE. You may find additional project information on PennDOT’s TIP Visualization website and One Map website. To see projects made possible or in development because of Pennsylvania’s Act 89 transportation funding plan, visit PennDOT’s Projects website.