Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP)
SEDA-COG has partnered with PennDOT to provide our municipalities with free training through LTAP. LTAP offers various training courses dealing with roadway maintenance and safety. Technical assistance is also available. PennDOT has been providing LTAP services to Pennsylvania municipalities since 1983.
The goals of the LTAP program are:
- Increase municipal expertise
- Improve safety for client and public
- Increase professional communication
- Disseminate information
- Promote the implementation of research
- Provide tailored training materials
- Meet municipal government needs
Questions about LTAP services can be directed to Don Kiel, 570-524-4491, firstname.lastname@example.org.
All LTAP services are provided at little or no cost to the user. For more information on any of the services listed below, please feel free to contact us.
Some of the services available through LTAP include the following. Many are available through the Pennsylvania State LTAP program, which can be accessed by clicking Here:
- Maintenance and safety training
- On-site technical assistance
- Technical newsletters
- Product and process technical information sheets- Available on the PA LTAP webpage under Public Resources and Documents
Roads Scholar Program
Roads Scholar training provides an opportunity for municipal employees to be trained by LTAP’s professional team in the latest technologies and innovations through a series of workshops conducted at convenient locations throughout the Commonwealth.
The Roads Scholar workshops save municipalities tax dollars by providing up-to-date road safety and maintenance information. To receive your certificate, complete ten approved courses in a three-year period. It’s that easy! You can track your progress by logging in to your account, using the View My Schedule feature. Just clear out the start date and click on the search button.
- • Bridge & Culvert Inspection, Berwick Boro. Bldg., Berwick, March 27, 8:00 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- • Erosion & Sedimentation Control, Old Lycoming Twp. Fire Hall, Williamsport, March 28, 8:00 a.m. – noon
- • Americans with Disabilities Act, Patton Twp. Bldg., State College, March 29, 8:00 a.m. – noon
- • Seal Coat, Point Twp. Bldg., Northumberland, March 29, 8:00 a.m. – noon
- • Temporary Traffic Control, Patton Twp. Bldg., State College, April 11, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- • Unpaved & Gravel Roads, Old Lycoming Twp. Fire Hall, Williamsport, May 2, 8:00 a.m. – noon
- • Drainage, Old Lycoming Twp. Fire Hall, Williamsport, May 23, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- • Traffic Signals Basics, Patton Twp. Bldg., State College, September 12, 8:00 a.m. – noon
Additional courses and full descriptions for courses can be found on the state LTAP website.
Other Resources & News
- LTAP Newsletter Spring 2023 — news on spring 2023 LTAP classes, activities, and events.
- SEDA-COG LTAP Annual Report — accomplishments and recommendations from FY 2021-22 annual report on LTAP activities.
- Roadway Management Conference
- LTAP Build a Better Mousetrap Competition
- LTAP Training Needs Survey