Flooding impacts our region, often with increasing severity. Skyrocketing flood insurance rates can be unaffordable for many. We’ve designed this Flood Resiliency program to help ease this stress on communities’ and find solutions.
Our goal is to help break the damage cycle and stop its drain on people and communities.
Our Flood Resiliency Program offers services related to flood resiliency and mitigation assistance both within and outside of its 11-county region.
SEDA-COG provides technical support and capacity building to both residents and communities in the following areas:
• Securing federal and state hazard mitigation grants toward mitigation activities (elevations, acquisition/demolition, floodproofing), including, but not limited to:
◦ Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA)
◦ Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities (BRIC)
◦ Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP)
◦ Flood Mitigation Program (FMP)
• Project administration of grant funds to assist with mitigation activities
• Developing and implementing the Community Rating System (CRS) which can help decrease property damage and losses and can reduce National Flood Insurance Program premium rates by up to 45 percent.
• Floodplain ordinance adoption/enforcement inquiries
• Advising on general floodplain management best practices
• Flood education workshops
• Proctoring of Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) exams
- Teri Provost
- Geralee Zeigler
- Ruth Wiest
FEMA Elevation Certificate Program
SEDA-COG also offers a program for residents to obtain a FEMA Elevation Certificate at a reduced rate in the following communities: