Businesses will have the opportunity to gain basic principles they need to do business with local, state, and federal governments in a free workshop conducted by SEDA-Council of Governments’ Procurement Technical Assistance Center staff.
The Selling to the Government: The First Steps workshop will be held from 10 a.m. to noon February 20 at the Franklin County Area Development Corporation, 1900 Wayne Road, Chambersburg. Kelly Rhodes, Small Business Specialist from Letterkenny Army Depot will be the featured guest.
- • How the government buys goods and services
- • Certifications and registrations necessary to sell to local, state and federal governments
- • How government agencies advertise their opportunities
- • Locating subcontracting opportunities with government “prime” contractors
- • Understanding the sales process
- • How Letterkenny Army Depot procures products and services
Cosponsors are Franklin County Area Development Corporation and the Small Business Development Center at Shippensburg University.
SEDA-COG’s Procurement Technical Assistance Center helps companies explore and compete in the local, state, and federal government marketplace. For more information about the SEDA-COG Procurement Technical Assistance Center, visit http://seda-cog.org/departments/ptac/