FOR QUALIFIED RESIDENTIAL ELECTRICIANS, ROOFERS AND DRYWALLERS.
Project: WEATHERIZATION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
For ongoing services in Lycoming, Columbia, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder, Union, Mifflin, Perry,
Huntingdon, and Juniata Counties
This project is fully supported by grant funds that are administered by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) in conjunction with the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED), Pennsylvania Department of Health and Human Services (DHS), Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency (PHFA), and SEDA-Council of Governments (SEDA-COG).
Scope of Work
SEDA-COG is seeking to establish and maintain a list of qualified contractors who can perform and install electrical, complete roofing repairs or replacements, and install drywall in program‐eligible homes located in Lycoming, Columbia, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder, Union, Mifflin, Perry, Huntingdon, and Juniata Counties. The Agency reserves the right to accept or reject contractors for the contract year based on the number of active contractors already in its contractor pool. Professional Service contractors (electricians, plumbers, HVAC, radon mitigators, asbestos abatement contractors, general contractors, mold removal contractors, and roofing contractors) will submit hourly billing rate information as part of the RFP. The duration of a contract awarded as a result of this Proposal will be for one year.
Subcontractors that demonstrate qualifications and meet all the requirements will be considered qualified contractors and may be eligible for a contract to provide services as required by SEDA-COG.
Subcontractors SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE for third party post-installation inspections of the work completed, if applicable. Being on the contractor list and having an active contract DOES NOT guarantee any work.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Subcontractors wishing to be considered for Weatherization work must submit Subcontractor Information Form and executed Agreement for Subcontractor Services for Activities.
- Subcontractors will be required to carry all applicable certifications required to perform their applicable scope of work.
- It is required that all prospective Subcontractors visit the following websites and read the Core Competencies for the Weatherization Assistance Program prior to requesting program participation. The document provides guidance for the Subcontractor of the expectations and standards required for participation in the Weatherization program. The website is located at https://nascsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/wap-core-competencies.pdf.
- Also, the Standard Weatherization Specifications may be found at https://sws.nrel.gov/. Subcontractors working on this program will be held to these standard requirements. All work performed under this contract will be subject to a Quality Control Inspection by a SEDA-COG inspector and held to the standards set forth by the Standard Weatherization
Specifications as stated above. Installation or repair services must pass the SEDA-COG Quality Control Inspection and if applicable, receive all third-party inspection approvals prior to the release of any payment for the services rendered by the contractor.
- Any Subcontractor who is found listed on the Federal Debarment List will not be allowed to participate.
- Subcontractors will be required to carry Commercial General Liability Insurance with SEDA-COG listed as a certificate holder and additional insured as follows: $1,000,000 each occurrence, $1,000,000 personal and advertising injury, $2,000,000 Products-Complete Operations, and $2,000,000 Aggregate Limit. Contractors shall also be listed as a PA Home Improvement Contractor licensee through the Office of the Attorney General.
- Once a Subcontractor is accepted, they are subject to all the terms and conditions of the contracts obtained by SEDA-COG. Those terms and conditions become an addendum to SEDA-COG’s contract with the Subcontractor and/or its contractor(s).
- The Subcontractor is required to submit detailed analysis, testing, photos, and documentation to SEDA-COG. Per state guidelines, SEDA-COG is required to receive detailed invoicing for any services provided.
- Inquiries should be directed to Erik Markley, Program Manager @ 570-522-7247. Application information can be found on our website @ www.SEDA-COG.org, What’s Happening, Request for Proposals / Quotes section. They may also be picked up at our main Weatherization office at 201 Furnace Road, Lewisburg, PA 17837 or our Weatherization warehouse located at 598 South Juniata Street, Lewistown PA 17044.
All submitted applications will become the exclusive property of SEDA-COG.