Residents should apply now for wait list
Homeowners in the County limits of Juniata County may be eligible to receive up to $65,000 in home improvements from the HOME Existing Owner-Occupied Housing Program.
SEDA-Council of Governments (SEDA-COG) is encouraging county residents to apply now to get on the wait list. SEDA-COG manages the program on behalf of the County.
Interested residents may call SEDA-COG’s Stacy Anderson at 800-326-9310, ext. 7215.
Eligible repairs include structural, roofing, plumbing, electrical, heating/furnace, window replacement, radon and lead-based paint mitigation, and energy-related improvements. Also included are modifications for mobility-impaired residents. There is no cost to homeowners who maintain home residency over a five-year period from the date of contract signing.
Homeowners can go through the process hassle-free with SEDA-COG managing it from start to finish, said Teri Provost, director of the agency’s Housing Rehabilitation program.
“Eligible homeowners can enjoy a rehabilitated home at no cost to them while we help them from start to finish, from obtaining a contractor, managing the project, to anything that may arise during or after the rehabilitation process,” Provost said.
“The Board of Commissioners encourages interested homeowners to contact SEDA-COG.” “This is an excellent opportunity for eligible homeowners to make significant repairs to their homes,” stated the Juniata County Commissioners.
- The home must be located within the County limits;
- Own the home or have Life Rights to live in it;
- Meet income qualifications based on household size;
- Be current on local taxes and municipal utility bills;
- Provide proof of homeowner’s insurance;
- If located in a flood zone, provide proof of flood insurance;
- Live in the home an additional five years.
- Additional requirements may apply.
Annual Gross Income Limits:
- 1 – $38,200;
- 2 – $43,650;
- 3 – $49,100;
- 4 – $54,550;
- 5 – $58,950