Excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, retirement, life insurance
and paid vacation & sick leave.
SEDA-Council of Governments, a public development organization serving 11 Central Pennsylvania counties, is seeking a full-time Fiscal Analyst for both the Community Development and Housing Rehabilitation Programs. Our Community Development Program provides project based technical assistance to counties and communities both within and outside of the 11-county region, overseeing the development and implementation of approximately 40 public works projects annually. Projects include but are not limited to publicly financed housing rehabilitation, water, sewer, storm water and road infrastructure upgrades, park and community facility improvements, public service, and economic development projects. Our Housing Rehabilitation Program offers services that benefit working families, elderly citizens, and the region by rehabilitating older homes. The housing program helps to administer the grant funds, help homeowners retain a contractor, and assist in the management of the construction project.
Primary responsibilities of the candidates include (but not limited to):
- – General accounting duties in an Access database.
- – Review of project invoices with oversight from supervisor.
- – Facilitating fund draw downs for client communities to pay invoices.
- – Assist with audits/monitoring.
- – Monthly/quarterly/yearly reporting.
- – Invoice client communities for services performed.
- – Review and authorize newspaper advertisement expenses.
- – Manage the tracking of newspaper advertisement expenses with support from a Program Assistant.
- – Preparation and management of agreements/contracts.
- – Filing assistance as needed.
- – Associates degree in accounting or related field.
- – Experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable.
- – Strong attention to detail.
- – Excellent communication skills.
- – High level of accuracy and efficiency.
- – Excellent time management skills.
- – Proficiency with Microsoft Office products; strong emphasis on Excel & Access.
- – Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- – Strong grammatical and proofing skills.
- – Ability to work independently in a rapidly changing environment.
Applicants are expected to supply a letter of application elaborating on experience and skills along with their resume by March 15, 2023, via mail or email to:
Amanda Owens, Human Resources Director
SEDA-Council of Governments
201 Furnace Road, Lewisburg, PA 17837
SEDA-Council of Governments is a public development organization based in Lewisburg,
PA, serving 11 central Pennsylvania counties. www.seda-cog.org
SEDA-COG…Building strong economies & strong communities.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYE