REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
SEDA-Council of Governments (SEDA-COG) is soliciting proposals for professional surveying services to provide Elevation Certificates to residents of various communities as part of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). It is our desire to continue offering homeowners the opportunity to purchase Elevation Certificates, through SEDA-COG, at what we hope will be a discounted rate.
The scope includes all tasks necessary to provide a completed Elevation Certificate to each homeowner, including a determination of latitude, longitude and elevation (referenced to the appropriate datum), properly executing and sealing the form, and attaching the building photographs. All work and submittals shall be conducted in accordance with FEMA’s NFIP guidelines and OMB No. 1660-0008 “Elevation Certificate and Instructions” (Expiration November 30, 2022). Work must be performed by a Professional Land Surveyor or Professional Engineer licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Our focus is the following communities:
- Town of Bloomsburg, Columbia County
- Borough of Lewisburg, Union County
- Borough of Danville, Montour County
- Borough of Milton, Northumberland County
- Borough of Selinsgrove, Snyder County
Please note homeowners from other communities not listed above may elect to participate in this Elevation Certificate program through SEDA-COG. Any work performed in communities other than those specified in this proposal will be addressed with a contract amendment if/when warranted and agreeable to both parties.
For each household, three copies of the certifications, including original signature and seal, shall be provided to SEDA-COG.
If you are interested in providing these services to SEDA-COG, we are requesting that you submit a proposal to include the following:
- 1. A fixed fee per household (by community) for completion of the Elevation Certificate, including field work, completion of the certificate in accordance with the FEMA guidance, and provision of three copies of the Elevation Certificate, with original seal, to SEDA-COG.
- 2. An anticipated timeline from notification of a certificate request to issuance of the completed Elevation Certificate. It is the expectation of SEDA-COG that each certificate would be available within 30 days from notification. If you feel this request is unreasonable, please provide an alternate estimated timeline.
- 3. A sample of a completed Elevation Certificate.
- 4. Proof of Insurance.
Proposals should be clearly marked and submitted no later than Friday, October 16, 2020, 4:00 PM, to:
Geralee Zeigler, Flood Resiliency Program Analyst
SEDA-Council of Governments
201 Furnace Road
Lewisburg, PA 17837
Questions may be addressed to Geralee Zeigler, 570-524-4491 or firstname.lastname@example.org.