Excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, retirement, life insurance and paid vacation & sick leave.
The SEDA-COG Joint Rail Authority’s (JRA) mission is to preserve and foster rail service in Central Pennsylvania and to further economic development through retention, improvement and expansion of the infrastructure and the rail service it supports.
The Joint Rail Authority Executive Director is responsible for setting the long-term strategy for the SEDA-COG JRA; holding ultimate accountability for all activities necessary to achieve the vision, mission, and goals of the JRA. The Executive Director also provides oversight and guidance in regard to implementation of activities, programs, and policies of the JRA.
Primary responsibilities of the candidate include but are not limited to:
• Leadership: Providing leadership for the JRA, working collaboratively with JRA and SEDA-COG staff, JRA Board of Directors and a variety of community partners to align resources and plans in support of the long-range vision and goals.
• Organizational Planning and Management: Responsible for all activity related to the management and operation of the JRA’s fiscal, operational, personnel, strategic, and audit matters; developing and managing project plans, priorities, and policies that align with the goals of the JRA in order to achieve success.
• Fiscal Responsibility: Responsible for developing annual and long-range budgets and capital plans for the JRA; and managing budgets and cash flow to ensure financial stability for the organization; leveraging state and federal grants and other funding sources to further the work of the JRA.
• Stakeholder and Community Relations: Serves as the spokesperson for the JRA and fosters positive relationships with business, government, clients, funding sources and other industrial development corporations (IDC) to promote the efforts of the JRA to ensure its continuing growth.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Engineering, or Community/Public Relations; or the equivalent in applicable experience preferred.
• Five years of increasing responsibility in an organization focused on rail, transportation, or economic development. Demonstrated aptitude to lead an organization.
• Experience in developing successful strategies and plans.
• Prior experience working with a board of directors.
• Prior experience managing and leading people.
• Understanding of transportation infrastructure, planning, and funding.
• Ability to understand and adhere to mandates, regulations, and guidelines required by funding sources.
• Exceptional proficiency with budgeting, financial statements, and fiscal management.
• Strong project management and resource planning skills.
• Knowledge of state and federal rail related programs.
• Senior leadership experience
• Knowledge of freight railroads, rail property management, infrastructure, and operations.
Salary will be commensurate with applicant skills and experience and we expect to hire in the range of $80-$110,000. Applicants are expected to supply the following materials to be considered or the position:
• A letter of application elaborating on experience and skills, and stating salary expectations
• Current resume
Applications will be continually accepted until the position is filled. Send materials to:
Amanda Owens, Human Resources Director
SEDA-Council of Governments
201 Furnace Road, Lewisburg, PA 17837
SEDA-Council of Governments is a public development organization based in Lewisburg, PA, serving 11 central Pennsylvania counties.
SEDA-COG…Building strong economies & strong communities
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER