Starting salary range: $38,000-$42,000
Excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, retirement, life insurance and paid vacation & sick leave.
SEDA-Council of Governments is a public development organization based in Lewisburg, PA, serving 11 central Pennsylvania counties. We are currently seeking a Communications Coordinator who has the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment bringing an energetic & innovative
approach to work.
Primary responsibilities of the candidate include:
- • Serves as main point of contact for media inquiries.
- • Schedule and participate in media-related interviews with Department Directors or assigned staff.
- • Write, edit, distribute, maintain, and update various types of marketing collateral such as press releases, brochures, business cards, flyers, posters, booklets, newsletters, and website content.
- • Social media – create content, schedule posts, engage followers, promote brand, and handle/respond to comments.
- • Oversee and manage special events.
- • Work with departments to identify potential marketing opportunities based on needs.
- • Attend pertinent meetings with department staff to develop press releases, social media posts, video blogs and success stories to highlight specific projects.
- • Work with IT to help maintain and update the agency website.
- • Work with the Community Relations director to identify business opportunities by researching current events as well as attending networking events.
- • Create organization’s public relations, marketing, and social media strategies.
- • Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism, or similar program.
- • Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in a related field.
- • Excellent and effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- • Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- • Excellent interpersonal and professional etiquette skills.
- • Strong photography and videography skills.
- • Ability to develop rapport with staff as well as external entities.
- • Strong attention to detail.
- • Proficiency with Microsoft Office and social media platforms.
- • Working knowledge of graphics programs/video editing software used for creating marketing materials.
- • Crisis communication experience
Applicants are expected to supply a cover letter and resume outlining work history, skills, and education by August 18, 2021 via mail or email to:
Amanda Owens, Human Resources Director
SEDA-Council of Governments
201 Furnace Road, Lewisburg, PA 17837
SEDA-Council of Governments is a public development organization based in Lewisburg, PA, serving 11 central Pennsylvania counties. www.seda-cog.org
SEDA-COG…Building strong economies & strong communities
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER