Excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, retirement, life insurance and paid vacation & sick leave.
SEDA-Council of Governments is a public development organization based in Lewisburg, PA, serving 11 central Pennsylvania counties. We are seeking an accounting specialist to work with and support our Fiscal Controller.
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
- • Code and post revenue and expenditures appropriately.
- • Maintain basic knowledge of contracts and allowable costs.
- • Ability to identify direct costs and indirect costs.
- • Assure audit compliance and assist independent auditors.
- • Process payroll and payroll liability payments in a timely manner.
- • Identify areas of fiscal weakness or savings.
- • Loan tracking and reconciliation with loan software to general ledger.
- • Bank transfers, deposits, and bank statement reconciliations.
- • A/P and A/R processes.
- • Make updates to payroll database as needed.
- • Associates degree in accounting
- • Bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- • Must be able to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
- • Data entry
- • High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- • Multitasking
- • Ability to meet deadlines.
- • Proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- • Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- • Five years of government bookkeeping or accounting experience.
- • Experience with loan tracking programs.
- • Working knowledge of Financial Edge software and QuickBooks.
Salary will be commensurate with applicant skills. Applicants should indicate salary expectation in their cover letter. Applicants are expected to supply a resume and cover letter outlining work history, skills, and training by September 1, 2021 via mail or email to:
Amanda Owens, Human Resources Director
SEDA-Council of Governments
201 Furnace Road, Lewisburg, PA 17837
SEDA-Council of Governments is a public development organization based in Lewisburg, PA, serving 11 central Pennsylvania counties. www.seda-cog.org
SEDA-COG…Building strong economies & strong communities
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER