Position: GIS / Transportation Planning Intern
Organization/Company: SEDA-Council of Governments
Address: 201 Furnace Road | Lewisburg, PA 17837
Contact: Amanda Owens
Phone: 570-524-4491 Fax: 570-524-9190
Majors Desired: Geography, Community Planning, Civil Engineering, Environmental Studies, Sustainable Design or related fields.
About the Organization: SEDA-COG is a regional economic development organization that provides a wide-range of services to government agencies and other organizations primarily in eleven central Pennsylvania counties.
Opportunity/Project Description: This position will allow the intern to apply classroom experiences to real world applications and expose the successful candidate to many aspects of the regional planning functions at SEDA-COG. The intern will be responsible for completing a variety of GIS/mapping, data collection and processing, analytical and administrative tasks to support the SEDA-COG Transportation Planning Program and Joint Rail Authority.
Projects may include but are not limited to the following:
- • Creating, procuring and maintaining data, data inventories and structures;
- • Developing and applying techniques and analysis to identify significant features;
- • Creating and updating documentation for currently held data;
- • Miscellaneous tasks as needed, which could include field work, preparation of maps, participation in stakeholder workshops and meetings, and other tasks. Participate in field view and scoping meetings for highway and rail projects
- • Experience with ArcGIS 10.x, specifically ArcGIS online applications
- • Microsoft Office software
- • Strong computer literacy
- • Good research, communication, documentation, writing skills, and mathematical skills
- • Demonstrated ability to work independently
This internship is for the fall of 2021 involves full or part-time hours and can be paid and/or for-credit. Schedule to be determined.
If interested in applying, please submit cover letter and resume outlining coursework and relevant experiences.
Amanda Owens, HR Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
SEDA-Council of Governments
201 Furnace Road
Lewisburg, PA 17837